Re: Size matters. Debian binary package stats

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:

> Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>
>> Spare disk space isn't available to add amd64 to mirrors.
>> Spare bandwith isn't available to add amd64 to mirrors.
>
> I see.  Can we please have the numbers?  Exactly how much disk space
> is needed?  Perhaps we can simply go ahead and buy more disks for our
> machines.

I recently posted a mail with mirror sizes for all arch on
debian-devel so check lists.debian.org for it.

The problem also isn't our machines but some mirror in
low-diskspace-land.

> Mirrors that don't want to carry the additional arch shouldn't have
> to; this should be easy to arrange.

Given the recent mail about the mirror split this seems to finaly get
started. So far all primary mirrors HAD to carry all archs.

MfG
        Goswin