Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Christian Perrier wrote:

> > It is the great danger of this thread that Matt et al. will feel
> > sufficiently put upon that they *don't* take to heart the legitimate
> > suggestions that could improve cooperation between Debian and Ubuntu (and
> > "distinguishing version numbers for binaries" being by far the least of
> > these).  "If you're not cooperating with me the way I want, I'll make you
> > regret it" doesn't benefit *anyone* involved.  Indeed, it just makes it
> > easier to conclude that Debian is no longer worth the effort of trying to
> > give back to.
>
> Seconded.

Seconded too.

> I am amazed by the involvment made by Matt and a few other Ubuntu
> people in this thread. And I actually fear they could give up and lose
> what I personnally consider as good will.

Mee too as well. The only solution that I know is to discuss the matter in
a "smaller group" (like within Utnubu) and present the decision later
to the larger group ... because people who join smaller group have a real
common interest while people flaming here are only eager to impose their
opinion on the project (since d-d is in theory the main discussion list of
the developers).

Cheers,

PS: Yes it's about time that we limit the number of email that a single
person can post on this list. Or impose a greater delay each time a new
mail comes. Or whatever, but we need to try something to avoid problems
like we had in the recent threads.
--
Raphaël Hertzog