Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 09:25:40AM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > Personally, I'd suggest:
> >  * for unmodified debs (including ones that have been rebuilt, possibly
> >    with different versions of libraries), keep the Maintainer: field the
> >    same
> Joey Hess and others in this thread have said that this is not acceptable to
> them.  What I need from Debian is either a clear consensus resulting from
> discussion among developers,

Well, you're not going to get one when you're too busy telling us everything
we suggest is wrong. All I can imagine you doing is encouraging people to even
more firmly want nothing to do with Ubuntu.

> or an official decision from a position of
> authority.  Otherwise, we'd just be chasing our tail trying to please
> individuals with conflicting opinions.

If you're trying to do the right and best thing, we've got something to talk
about. But asking for "official decisions from a position of authority" looks
more like a way of finding someone else for people to blame.

Cheers,
aj