Re: For those who care about their packages in Ubuntu

Leaving ubuntu out of this, what puzzles me about your message, Raphael,
is this:

Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> If you have some uploads pending, and would like to see those packages
> included [...]

> If for whatever reason you don't want to upload the new package to Debian
> directly [...]

This seems to assume that

a) There might be a lot of Debian developers who have some upload ready
   to go but are sitting on them for some reason.
b) There might be a lot of Debian developers who are more interested in
   contributing to other distributions rather than Debian, or who don't
   know how to upload to experimental or something.

What I don't understand is why you'd think that either group is large
enough to warrant a post to d-d-a. Do Debian developers habitually delay
uploading packages that are ready to go? Is there some reason why Debian
developers who are no longer interested in contributing to Debian
shouldn't be shown the door?

--
see shy jo