Re: For those who care about lesbians

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 11:24:06PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> writes:

> >> I was perfectly serious.  This is merely the latest in a number of
> >> things Mr Suffield has done which are detrimental to the project in a
> >> number of ways.  Some of these are not a matter of public record, so
> >> you would be unaware of them.
> >
> > I hope you realise that if I were the litigious type, you would be
> > receiving a court summons in the next day or two (it's lies, btw, for
> > those of you watching - I hope nobody bought that 'secret offenses'
> > noise, it's like the PATRIOT act or something).
>
> The events are a recorded in the debian-private archives, which I am
> not permitted to reveal here.  I have at no point stated anything
> which is untrue, and any Debian developer who wishes to verify it may
> look at the August 2005 archives (debian-private.200508.gz on
> master:~debian/archive/debian-private is the worst to date).  That is
> not disclosable on this list.

In this archive I express the opinion that just because somebody died,
that does not permit random developers to go around making statements
on behalf of other developers. Not even "person X is sorry for your
loss". Not without the permission of person X. If making a stand for
simple integrity is so terrible, then colour me terrible. I do not see
what is so bad about objecting to people making statements, on behalf
of other people, without their permission.

[Obviously I can't repost or significantly report on all the stuff
people said to villify me and misrepresent my position as being
anything other than the above, but it's not relevant anyway]

I fail to see how expressing a simple opinion like that, which is not
even an uncommon one, *on a private mailing list*, could possibly be
'detrimental to the project'. That is pure slander.

> If you do reply, please do so in -private.

If you do reply, please do so in public. I will not stand for any more
of this hiding behind unverifiable statements.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |