Re: For those who care about lesbians

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 05:51:03PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> >> If you still can't take the hint, I'll be more blunt: this isn't the
> >> first crass stunt you've pulled by any means, and you are now right at
> >> the limits of many peoples tolerance.  Pull another one again, I may
> >> be forced to file a request for your expulsion.  That might happen for
> >> this one yet.
> >
> > If your message is merely a troll, I would respectfully ask you
> > please to expell yourself.
>
> I was perfectly serious.  This is merely the latest in a number of
> things Mr Suffield has done which are detrimental to the project in a
> number of ways.  Some of these are not a matter of public record, so
> you would be unaware of them.

I hope you realise that if I were the litigious type, you would be
receiving a court summons in the next day or two (it's lies, btw, for
those of you watching - I hope nobody bought that 'secret offenses'
noise, it's like the PATRIOT act or something). Consider yourself
fortunate that I am not so inclined, and be *very* careful about what
you say in the future; other UK residents may not be so generous. Of
course, if I find you causing me actual monetary damage in some way, I
might change my mind.

[There's considerable case law for this with email. "An untrue
statement of fact which damages the reputation of a person (or a
company) or holds him, her or it up to hatred, ridicule or contempt is
libellous" is one of the common phrasings of the test, and email
authors are held to the same standard as journalists. There is no
"freedom of speech" principle in UK law; you can express opinions, but
that's all. You may not make false *or* *unprovable* statements of
fact with intent to harm.]

And if you start mud-flinging in earnest, I don't think I would be the
first one to be expelled from the project. I have no interest in you,
but you really do not want to force my hand on this - I haven't done
anything wrong other than holding opinions you don't agree with, and
you certainly can't put any evidence behind that 'detrimental to the
project' claim, but *you* are pursuing a personal vendetta. Again. Oh,
and that would be 'incitement to cause harm', which is a criminal
offense these days.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |