Re: Need for launchpad

On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:20:52 +0100, Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org> said:

> OTOH I'd like to have Debian move to using a single SCM and storing
> all packages in repositories. Currently you need to know Subversion,
> CVS and tla if you want to be sure you can directly work with the
> Debian sources. Our tools could also be better integrated. Source
> packages use umpteen different patch systems etc. which should be
> done away with.

> It would be nice to change this but I don't have the time and
> motivation to even try it. Perhaps you do?

        And hey, if you can do all that, can you also solve th psky
 little problem of global hunger? And get rid of vi while you are
 doing so? And the SARS thing, and avian flu, and all that?

        Of course, I could be wrong, and everyone would be just happy
 to switch to tla.

        manoj
--
You can't go home again, unless you set $HOME.