Re: a desperate request for licence metadata

Thiemo Seufer writes:
> The amount of creativity the author put in _successfully_.

Well, if he didn't successfully put it in then it isn't there, is it?

Thiemo Seufer writes:
> If the average audience consistently says "this is useless crap" then
> that's basically the outcome. (Copyright wouldn't be denied, it is either
> inherent in the work or not there at all. There's no copyright
> registration like in the US, it's not needed.)

You appear to contradict yourself.  Do I have a copyright, or do I not?
(BTW copyright is also automatic in the US.  Registration is only required
just before you file suit, and then it's just a matter of a form and a
small fee with no possibility of denial).

> When they need external expertise they may do for that specific case.

So if I brought suit against someone for making unauthorized copies of my
Usenet articles a court guided by panel of literary critics might rule them
not worthy of protection?
--
John Hasler