Re: a desperate request for licence metadata (was Re: migrating w iki content from twiki (w.d.net) to moinmoin (w.d.org))

> I might be slow, but can you explain why we need a license for this?
> I do not need to license my books, but I do need to license my
> software.  Why should the wiki documents be treated more like software
> than a book?

Yes, you do need a license to the content of your books. Only thing is,
when you buy a book you are buying the right to read it. NOT the right
to copy it. NOT the right to modify it. NOT the right to redistribute
(modified or not) copies.

The wiki content is useful for other people, not only for them to read,
but also for them to copy, modify and redistribute. And for them to do
just that they need an explicit license.

--
HTH,
Massa