Re: a desperate request for licence metadata

Petter Reinholdtsen writes:
> We have the the same limitation in norwegian law, were the work need to
> have (the norwegian expression) "verkshøyde", which implies a certain
> quality level as Andreas puts it.

Do you mean quality or originality?  Are you saying that if I write a
highly original stream of conciousness novel that is judged by the critics
to be of abysmal literary quality that I will be denied a copyright in
Norway?  Is buggy spaghetti code not protected in Germany?

> As for the quality of the product of the entertainment industry, I'm not
> sure if your judgement matches that of the law.

That's the problem.  How does the law judge the quality of works of
authorship?  Do the courts employ panels of literary critics?
--
John Hasler