Re: OT: No unsubscribe signature?

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:08:33PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Pascal Hakim wrote:
> > Placing a footer in list traffic is a compromise between modifying
> > messages as little as possible and trying to help people find a way
> > to get their questions answered.
>
> A bad compromise, I would say. The footer is harmful for a number of
> reasons (for example, it ends up being quoted over and over again
> in some threads, and we already have RFC-compliant headers for that).
> Those who know how to unsubscribe should not pay the price for those
> who don't know.

Would you rather that every one of those people email the list asking
what steps they have to take to get off?

Realistically, I believe the benefits of having it there outweigh the
negatives. While I understand that you don't agree with me, blindly
repeating your arguments will not change my mind. If you care that
deeply about it, you can either find someone else who'll listen to you,
find some new arguments, or take it up to the tech committee.

Cheers,

Pasc

--
Pascal Hakim                                          0403 411 672
Do Not Bend