Re: OT: No unsubscribe signature?

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 10:59 -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:14:33AM -0400, Josh Metzler wrote:
> > On Tuesday 28 June 2005 08:25 am, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> > > So they expect something to be available without depending on a
> > > package that provides it? Sounds like a bug.

> > ended after the text quoted above, without the usual signature describing how
> > to unsubscribe from debian-devel.  Was this the case for everyone, or is
> > there something between the debian servers and my mail client that
> > occasionally (but very rarely) strips signatures?
>
> Hmmm... same thing here.

I see it at the end of your email:

> --

The way it was explained to me on the Evolution ML is that the
"disappearing unsub message" only happens only happens to emails
that have attachments.  For example, digital signatures.  The
ML manager blindly tacks the unsub text to the end of the email,
and the MUA doesn't "see" it, because it only knows to process
the attachments (text/plain & application/pgp-signature being 99.99%
of the attachments to emails on this list).

View the raw source of such a "disappearing unsub message" email,
and you will see that the text is there.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence."
Vince Lombardi