Re: OT: No unsubscribe signature?

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 01:25 +1000, Pascal Hakim wrote:

> > > I see it at the end of your email:
> >
> > > The way it was explained to me on the Evolution ML is that the
> > > "disappearing unsub message" only happens only happens to emails
> > > that have attachments.  For example, digital signatures.  The
> > > ML manager blindly tacks the unsub text to the end of the email,
> > > and the MUA doesn't "see" it, because it only knows to process
> > > the attachments (text/plain & application/pgp-signature being 99.99%
> > > of the attachments to emails on this list).
> >
> > > View the raw source of such a "disappearing unsub message" email,
> > > and you will see that the text is there.
> >
> > Nope.
> >

> It doesn't include it in some cases where it knows it won't show.

I wonder what it's rule set is.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Peace is normally a great good, and normally it coincides with
righteousness, but it is righteousness and not peace which should
bind the conscience of a nation as it should bind the conscience
of an individual; and neither a nation nor an individual can
surrender conscience to another's keeping."
Theodore Roosevelt