Re: OT: No unsubscribe signature?

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:09:17AM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Pascal Hakim wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> > > I wonder what it's rule set is.
> >
> > :0 fbw
> > * ! ^Content-Transfer-Encoding:.*base64
> > * ! ^Content-Transfer-Encoding:.*quoted-printable
> > | cat - footer.txt
>
> The "Message-ID: <[🔎] b2cc26e4050628052561a44c90@mail.gmail.com>" message
> asked about was encoded with a content transfer encoding of
> quoted-printable.  Therefore the rule above avoided attaching a footer
> to the message.  This explains the question about the anomaly.
>
> I guess if you don't want a footer on your messages you can always
> send them out with a quoted-printable encoding.  :-)
>
> Of course base64 works too, but that is a strong spam sign and your
> message might get dropped by people scoring based upon that so I would
> recommend against using base64 encoding for plain text messages.

In my experience as a listmaster, the people who like to complain about
the fact that we add a signature on the bottom of every email, will
usually find a number of other things they dislike. Placing a footer in
list traffic is a compromise between modifying messages as little as
possible and trying to help people find a way to get their questions
answered.

Cheers,

Pasc

--
Pascal Hakim                                          0403 411 672
Do Not Bend