Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

* Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> [2005-06-03 08:58]:
> > That said, I was informed today that there's a policy that when
> > bugs are submitted the patch has to be put on people.ubuntu.com
> > and linked to in the report rather than being included in the
> > report, which did strike me as rather strange.
>
> Ugh.  I *like* having all the necessary stuff in an e-mail; it means
> there's a nicely indexed copy of the info sitting on my local
> laptop, and considering the fact that almost all of my personal time
> on the laptop these days is spent disconnected from the 'net,
> something that I have to wget is going to have to take a much lower
> priority.

I, as well as others, have pointed out to Canonical on several
occasions that their patch policy is less than optimal.  While some
personally agree with me, it's their policy and unfortunately it won't
change... however, maybe there's still hope, now that more people are
expressing that they'd like to receive patches and not just links to
patches.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/