Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 07:49:39AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 12:47:30AM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> > The same logic applies to many bugs as well.  Would it really be better to
> > have an open bug report in debbugs, than a patch on people.ubuntu.com?

> I'd prefer an open bug report in debbugs with the patch included.

Me too, and to be fair at least some Ubuntu developers are putting
things into the Debian BTS like this.  I've generally had pretty good
experiences with this myself.

That said, I was informed today that there's a policy that when bugs are
submitted the patch has to be put on people.ubuntu.com and linked to in
the report rather than being included in the report, which did strike me
as rather strange.