Re: Is Ubuntu a debian derivative or is it a fork?

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 12:32:14AM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> [2005-06-03 08:58]:

> I, as well as others, have pointed out to Canonical on several
> occasions that their patch policy is less than optimal.  While some
> personally agree with me, it's their policy and unfortunately it won't
> change... however, maybe there's still hope, now that more people are
> expressing that they'd like to receive patches and not just links to
> patches.

If it matters, I'll add my voice to the chorus on that.  Anything that
requires me to go off to the net to fix takes longer to fix and is
more annoying to deal with.

Having said that, even a link in a bug report is better than trying to
find all my packages in a huge list.

-- John