Re: How to join a team

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> wrote:

> I presume the following is true (but different teams are different, so
> that's what I'm looking for, what is different) for the teams you are
> speaking of:
>
> 1) Anyone can join the mailing list and participate in the
>    discussions;
> 2) Anyone can propose patches;
> 3) Only some people can install the patches.
>
> Number (2) is true everywhere; number (1) is true only for some teams,

I think for most of them, the security team being the most prominent
exception.

> and number (3) raises the question: who chooses who can install the
> patches directly and who cannot?

When I got my DD account, I think it was the then most active DD on the
debian-tetex-maint list who asked the DSA to put me into the group that
own the teTeX CVS.  And I guess today it's up to me if one more DD
(Henning?)  wishes to get CVS access, too.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich