Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> How does one become an ftpmaster or release manager?  How were the
> current ones chosen?  Do they simply choose their successors?

Colin, Steve, and I became release assistants when AJ posted a mail to
-devel asking "who wants to be a release assistant" and then gave us a
set of grunt-work tasks of increasing difficulty to do until he judged
we basically knew what we were doing.

I belive that the other RA's became release assistants in similar ways.

Colin, Steve, (but not me) became release managers after doing so much
work as release assistants that they were clearly ready for it and more
involved in it than AJ.

This is all a matter of public record. See the list archives.

--
see shy jo