Re: all new Debian diagram - now with less chaos!

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 10:53:28AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Kevin Mark <kmark+debian-devel@pipeline.com> wrote:
>
> > although, now I am getting confused about the difference between a
> > debian developer and a debian maintainer. I labeled most items with 'DD'
> > thinking that's who did stuff. More things to research.
>
> The maintainer is the guy (or entity) who is listed in the Maintainer:
> field of debian/control, and who gets all the mail for the package¹.
>
> A debian developer is anybody with an account @debian.org, who can do
> uploads to the archive.  A Debian developer need not be the maintainer
> of any package (doing mainly QA work, or buildd administration, or
> whatever), and a package maintainer need not be a Debian developer: They
> can have their packages uploaded by a developer who reviewed the
> package, but doesn't want to do all the work.
>
> Regards, Frank
>

> ¹others can subscribe to this, too, via the package tracking system
>
> --
Hi Frank,
I have incorparated your info. In my diagram, most of the tasks are done
by maintainers and the buildd stuff would be done by developers.
I have not yet added QA, ftpmaster or security stuff.
-Kev
--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!

        (__)
        (oo)
  /------\/
 / |    ||