Re: all new Debian diagram - now with less chaos!

* Kevin Mark [Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:09:03 -0500]:

> > And I've never read "ITO" as a tag for orphaning bug. Either one mails
> > to -devel (or wherever) saying that they intend to give away or orphan
> > some packages, but this isn't a bug, just conversation. In the BTS, I
> > think the tag is simply "O".

> so, there is no 'bug' to the bts to orphan a package, simply a note to
> debian-devel? So folks are expected to troll it to pickup packages?
> ok. I will change the ITO to 'read about orphanded package on
> debian-devel'.

  Please compare [1], [2], and [3]. Basically:

    1. maintainer writes -devel
    2. maintainer writes -devel and files RFAs
    3. maintainer submits O: bug against wnnp and CC's -devel

    [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/02/msg00346.html
    [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/02/msg00534.html
    [3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/02/msg00676.html

  But orphaning bugs can be filed without sending mail to -devel, though
  this makes them less effective.

  HTH,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud: after a
while, you realize the pig is enjoying it.