Re: all new Debian diagram - now with less chaos!

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 07:34:27AM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Kevin Mark [Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:09:03 -0500]:
>
> > > And I've never read "ITO" as a tag for orphaning bug. Either one mails
> > > to -devel (or wherever) saying that they intend to give away or orphan
> > > some packages, but this isn't a bug, just conversation. In the BTS, I
> > > think the tag is simply "O".
>
> > so, there is no 'bug' to the bts to orphan a package, simply a note to
> > debian-devel? So folks are expected to troll it to pickup packages?
> > ok. I will change the ITO to 'read about orphanded package on
> > debian-devel'.
>
>   Please compare [1], [2], and [3]. Basically:
>
>     1. maintainer writes -devel
>     2. maintainer writes -devel and files RFAs
>     3. maintainer submits O: bug against wnnp and CC's -devel
>
>     [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/02/msg00346.html
>     [2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/02/msg00534.html
>     [3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/02/msg00676.html
>
>   But orphaning bugs can be filed without sending mail to -devel, though
>   this makes them less effective.

Hi Adeodato,
thanks for the info. I tried to add it.
although, now I am getting confused about the difference between a
debian developer and a debian maintainer. I labeled most items with 'DD'
thinking that's who did stuff. More things to research.
see you in the funny pages,
Kev

--
counter.li.org #238656 -- goto counter.li.org and be counted!

        (__)
        (oo)
  /------\/
 / |    ||