Re: what is /.udev for ?

Frank Küster wrote:
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:

That is true.  But really, I thank that what happened shows a lack of common
sense.  There is little helping that.  Imagine that you take your car to
get serviced.  The mechanic replaces some part.  Next time you open the hood,
you see a part you don't recognize.  You decide to snap it off.  Next time
you try to start the car, it won't.  You call the mechanic and tell him you
snapped off a part he installed becuase you did not recognize it.  He would
laugh at you.

He'd stop laughing when I show him the label "If you don't like this
part, remove it" that he put on it. He'll have to repair it again, and
cover the costs for the rental car...

Please read what I wrote more carefully.  I said "snap it off," not
"carefully remove with appropriate tools."  Anyone who goes mucking
around their filesystem removing potentially critical compenents
without thinking about it and using the proper tools for the job,
is not thinking straight.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez