Re: what is /.udev for ?

"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@familiasanchez.net> wrote:

> Please read what I wrote more carefully.  I said "snap it off," not
> "carefully remove with appropriate tools."  Anyone who goes mucking
> around their filesystem removing potentially critical compenents
> without thinking about it and using the proper tools for the job,
> is not thinking straight.

I don't care what you think about people who remove wires or /.dev/. I
care, however, to know why we do still discuss this.

Is there a reason why we shouldn't change half a line, in order to make
life easier for people who sometimes dont't think straight?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich