Re: what is /.udev for ?

On Thursday 10 of February 2005 18:22, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Feb 10, Lech Karol Paw?aszek <ike@kni.univ.szczecin.pl> wrote:
> > Well... not really... it's something like this:
> > "I don't know much about cars, just how to drive one. I looked under the
> > hood, and there were all the messy wires everywhere. And I remember, that
> > one of them wasn't there when i looked there last time, so I cut this one
> > out."
>
> OK. People who do this are still morons.

To be honest - i don't care what you think about people who "cut extra wire
from their car". They can be morons or whoever they want to be. I would point
out that one might be suprised that a hidden directory appeared in his/hers
root directory. What happens next? Well. One could think something like "i've
been compromised"  and do a fast remove. Cut and end of the story.

Anyway. I know it's a little bit far-fetched story, but it happens sometimes.

Regards ;-)

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace..." [KoRn]