Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 19:59:08 -0700, Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> said:

> On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 09:38:25PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> It is not a matter of not being able to circumvent people blocking
>> email, or inability to jump through hoops, but one of why should I?
>> My machine is a fully functioning node on the internet, and I
>> refuse to downgrade its functionality.

> Well, it's really not..  Unless you sent this message back in 1996
> and it's been delayed in the queue for 8 years.  That would be a
> neat trick, though.

>> My take is that people who want to filter my email are those that I
>> didn't want to talk to in the first place.  I send mail from my
>> laptop from a variety of locations (wifi hot spots, hotels), and I
>> deliver the mail myself.  If people don't want to listen to whatI
>> say, that is their prerogative.

> I wholeheartedly agree with you, and when you are not speaking for
> Debian I encourage you to do whatever the hell suits your fancy,
> provided that you do not come to the Debian lists and complain about
> it when someone filters you.

	I don't. Most of my posting are in the nature of providing
 information; and I don't really care if peple want to listen to that
 or not.

	 But I've had people filter out Debian voting related
 messages before

> When a Debian user contacts you, however, and you are unable to
> respond to him because he is filtering out your dialup IP, you
> should make a special effort to contact him by other means.  Of
> course, being a volunteer, as some people have pointed out, entitles
> you to ignore him (and the Social Contract, by the way -- remember
> the part about users being our highest priority?)  completely.

	Hell no. If a user sends me email, I respond -- but I do not
 jump through tmda hoops, and if the email address is wrong, I do not
 call the phone number, if any, in the sig. Spending all that time
 jumping through hoops for onse user takes time away from the other
 users I could be helping.

	So while the SC says users are our top priority, no single
 user can lay an extra ordinary claim to my time.  There are other
 users to cater to.

	manoj
--
"The best index to a person's character is a) how he treats people who
can't do him any good and b) how he treats people who can't fight