Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 09:38:25PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	It is not a matter of not being able to circumvent people
>  blocking email, or inability to jump through hoops, but one of why
>  should I? My machine is a fully functioning node on the internet, and
>  I refuse to downgrade its functionality.

Well, it's really not..  Unless you sent this message back in 1996 and it's
been delayed in the queue for 8 years.  That would be a neat trick, though.

> 	My take is that people who want to filter my email are those
>  that I didn't want to talk to in the first place.  I send mail from
>  my laptop from a variety of locations (wifi hot spots, hotels), and I
>  deliver the mail myself.  If people don't want to listen to whatI
>  say, that is their prerogative.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, and when you are not speaking for Debian I
encourage you to do whatever the hell suits your fancy, provided that you do
not come to the Debian lists and complain about it when someone filters you.

When a Debian user contacts you, however, and you are unable to respond to
him because he is filtering out your dialup IP, you should make a special
effort to contact him by other means.  Of course, being a volunteer, as some
people have pointed out, entitles you to ignore him (and the Social Contract,
by the way -- remember the part about users being our highest priority?)
completely.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>