Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> Le mardi 21 septembre 2004 à 00:09 +0200, Wouter Verhelst a écrit :
>> My ISP blocks port 25/outgoing. Now what?
>>
>> [...]
>>

> Not only ISPs: my university is blocking outgoing connections on port
> 25, forcing me to use their utterly broken SMTP server. The only
> solution is, as you describe, a hack to make it go through my home
> computer.

I've got the same problem (university forces me to use their broken
SMTP server), but I get around it by having using the following as my
local sendmail:

      ssh -qT $SERVER /usr/bin/sendmail $@

Of course it requires having ssh privs on a box with a properly
configured sendmail, so maybe it's not generally applicable.