Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Sunday 19 September 2004 5:53 pm, Russell Coker wrote:
> > Please stop using this brain-dead blacklist.
>
> What is wrong with it?  End-user machines should not send email
> directly, they should use the mail server from their ISP.

Why?

That makes no sense.  Plenty ISP mail servers are poorly configured.
Known to drop mail.  Deliver mail too slowly to be useful.  Force users
to use their e-mail address from that ISP.  Unreliable.

The list goes on.

If someone has their own mail server, that makes perfect sense to me.
Why are some nodes on the Internet more deserving than others?  Why do
you discriminate against those with cheap Internet access?  Why is a
T-1 user more deserving to exchange mail with you than a dialup or DSL
user?

--
John Goerzen
Author, Foundations of Python Network Programming