Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Monday 20 September 2004 11:30 am, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2004-09-20 11:13:15, schrieb John Goerzen:
> > I live in a rural area of the United States.  In many places around
> > here, there is *ONE* local ISP.  There is no choice.  Either you
> > have
>
> Hmmm, I know that the USA are realy behind Europe with the
> Internet... And it is realy pity, that the USA like to play war and
> have no interest to increase the quality of living, informations...

My area of the United States is by no means unique.  Other rural areas
in other countries have similar issues, and I suspect there are even
places in Europe that have them.

On the other hand, vast areas of entire countries may be without much of
a choice.

> > Internet access with that ISP, or you do not have Internet access.
> > And don't bother with some tired argument about calling
> > long-distance; that is too expensive to be useful for many people.
>
> I do not talk about long-distance calls.
> There are some free ISP's which offer pop3, imap and asmtp

It is NOT free if one must make a long-distance call to access it!  In
that case, it's usually far more expensive than a normal ISP.

--
John Goerzen
Author, Foundations of Python Network Programming