Re: Incorrect use of "it's" in package control files -- file mass bug?

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:
> Nor have I ever heard someone from Toronto call themselves
> American--though the word "North America" certainly does apply.  Of
> course, oddly, Mexico is certainly part of North America, but in
> Mexico "norteamericano" refers to people in the US and Canada only.
>
> Place names are not logical; they simply are what they are.  The only
> adjective we have in the English language to refer to people in the US
> is "American"; and it's really outrageous for Frenchmen or Australians
> to presume to decide what North Americans should call ourselves.

A-fuckin'-men.

The whole "`American' is ambiguous" argument seems like silly sophistry
from people who lack any other justification.  Nobody _ever_ uses the
term "American" to refer to `somebody from North or South America'
(though the terms "North American" and "South American" are heard), and
there's no apparent desire to do so -- North and South America are
really very different places, so the lack of an easy word for their
aggregate populations isn't a big deal.

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche