Re: daily pestering about s390 and sparc buildd failure

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 04:02:49AM -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2004.bluespice.org> writes:

> > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=bbconf&ver=1.10-1.1&arch=sparc&stamp=1086993301&file=log&as=raw
> > and
> > http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=bbconf&ver=1.10-1.2&arch=s390&stamp=1091829145&file=log&as=raw

> As should be obvious to you, the bug arose around the time that the
> new X library arrangement went into place.

> Nothing here establishes *where* the bug is; and indeed, it seems more
> and more likely to me that it is a build in sbuild or apt-get, or
> perhaps in the way the sparc and s390 autobuilders are set up.

Those are both fairly implausible explanations for the failure,
actually.  There may be a problem with corrupted chroots, but for sbuild
or apt-get to go this long being unable to correctly resolve package
dependencies is unlikely -- *especially* considering that even if
apt-get gets it wrong, dpkg would still fail (loudly, in the build log)
to configure a package with missing dependencies.

If there's a corrupted buildd chroot, the contact is
<arch>@buildd.debian.org.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer