Re: Web applications

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 11:25:07AM -0400, sean finney wrote:
> well, there's the /srv directory, but it doesn't go into a lot of
> specifics.

It goes into enough specifics that we know it's not going to be useful for
us.  "This setup will differ from host to host. Therefore, no program should
rely on a specific subdirectory structure of /srv existing or data
necessarily being stored in /srv."  Oh, and "Distributions must take care
not to remove locally placed files in these directories without
administrator permission." which basically means that we can't use dpkg to
put anything in there, because dpkg will blot an existing file.  Everything
in there would have to be conffiles or protectively managed.  Blergh.

- Matt