Re: Advice with uncooperative maintainers

Le mer 11/08/2004 à 11:56, David Weinehall a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 10:38:31PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > >
> > > Bug# for the wishlist?  NMU Bug#?  More information would be nice.
> >
> >   I imagine this is probably #262756, "Fails to build from source on
> >   *BSD".
>
> Well, personally I wouldn't mind a more actively maintained esound; the
> current version in Debian is pretty old, and the later upstream versions
> fixes quite a lot of bugs.  To be able to use esd on my laptops, I have
> created my own packages of v0.2.34 instead, but I would really prefer
> having a working package in the Debian archives...
I've done exactly the same thing[1] because ESD 0.2.29 with ALSA really
doesn't make it.
Most of the patches (if not all) applied in the current Debian packages
no longer make sense, if they did someday.

[1] available for Sarge at http://apt.bxlug.be/sarge/main/ (and sources
available at http://apt.bxlug.be/sarge/sources/).
--
Jérôme Warnier