Re: Advice with uncooperative maintainers

On Wed, 2004-08-11 at 14:00 +0200, Jérôme Warnier wrote:
> > Well, personally I wouldn't mind a more actively maintained esound; the
> > current version in Debian is pretty old, and the later upstream versions
> > fixes quite a lot of bugs.  To be able to use esd on my laptops, I have
> > created my own packages of v0.2.34 instead, but I would really prefer
> > having a working package in the Debian archives...
> I've done exactly the same thing[1] because ESD 0.2.29 with ALSA really
> doesn't make it.
> Most of the patches (if not all) applied in the current Debian packages
> no longer make sense, if they did someday.
>
> [1] available for Sarge at http://apt.bxlug.be/sarge/main/ (and sources
> available at http://apt.bxlug.be/sarge/sources/).

Have you created new patch and put it in BTS?  Also when removing debian
patches, have you reviewed what they are for and if they are neccessary
and not and after that have you submited this information to BTS?

I am just saying that making own packages and uploading to web
somewhere, doesn't help much (neither you nor debian)...

doesn't make sen

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>