Re: Advice with uncooperative maintainers

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Robert Millan wrote:
> On 1 Aug 2004, I sent a wishlist bug report to the 'esound' package, with
> an attached patch that fixed the problem.  I noticed that Ryan is not

Bug# for the wishlist?  NMU Bug#?  More information would be nice.

> > esound (0.2.29-2) unstable; urgency=low
> >   * Instead of using select() for OSS, use SNDCTL_DSP_GETOSPACE.
> >   * Revert changes in unsanctioned NMU.
> >  -- Ryan Murray <rmurray@debian.org>  Mon,  9 Aug 2004 20:28:59 -0700
>
> Also, he removed all trace of my upload in the debian/changelog file.

If the NMU was installed, he ought to keep the changelog entry.  Otherwise
(if it never made it out of incoming), the point is really academic.

> What am I supposed to do on this?  Bring the issue to the technical committe?

Due to a wishlist bug?  If it is that serious, the bug should not be
wishlist in the first place.

  Henrique Holschuh