Re: Advice with uncooperative maintainers

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 10:38:31PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:26:21PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> was heard to say:
> > On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Robert Millan wrote:
> > > On 1 Aug 2004, I sent a wishlist bug report to the 'esound'
> > > package, with an attached patch that fixed the problem.  I noticed
> > > that Ryan is not
> >
> > Bug# for the wishlist?  NMU Bug#?  More information would be nice.
>
>   I imagine this is probably #262756, "Fails to build from source on
>   *BSD".

Well, personally I wouldn't mind a more actively maintained esound; the
current version in Debian is pretty old, and the later upstream versions
fixes quite a lot of bugs.  To be able to use esd on my laptops, I have
created my own packages of v0.2.34 instead, but I would really prefer
having a working package in the Debian archives...

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //