Re: Advice with uncooperative maintainers

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:26:21PM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Robert Millan wrote:
> > On 1 Aug 2004, I sent a wishlist bug report to the 'esound' package, with
> > an attached patch that fixed the problem.  I noticed that Ryan is not
>
> Bug# for the wishlist?  NMU Bug#?  More information would be nice.
>
> > > esound (0.2.29-2) unstable; urgency=low
> > >   * Instead of using select() for OSS, use SNDCTL_DSP_GETOSPACE.
> > >   * Revert changes in unsanctioned NMU.
> > >  -- Ryan Murray <rmurray@debian.org>  Mon,  9 Aug 2004 20:28:59 -0700
> >
> > Also, he removed all trace of my upload in the debian/changelog file.
>
> If the NMU was installed, he ought to keep the changelog entry.  Otherwise
> (if it never made it out of incoming), the point is really academic.

 Not really out of incoming, but out of UploadQueue, as once katie has
 run and got the package, you need to push your verssion number to get
 another package allowed in (as he did). So the question now when
 somebody reads the changelog is: where is version 0.2.29-1?

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo@debian.org