Re: General Resolution: Force AMD64 into Sarge

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 04:32:35PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Andreas Metzler [Fri, Jul 23 2004, 09:47:04AM]:
> > > Sure. But for Sarge, we did have the goal of a new installer and
> > > that took a long time. Right now, I don't seem to recall any equally
> > > big release goals for sarge+1
> > [...]

> > The obvious big blocker is the non-free "data|doc" issue. *Personally*

> How "obvious" is that?

It is obvious to me. There is e.g. FDL documentation or data without
source (e.g. graphics) in Debian, we waived this for sarge in the GR
and will have to deal with it for sarge+1.

> I wish the RM would finaly say a word about all this assumptions
[...]

The RM has delegated this to the ctte and probably does not want to
comment on it before there has been a formal decision. (Personally I
think this is understandable.)

          cu andreas