Re: General Resolution: Force AMD64 into Sarge

* Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> [2004-07-20 16:53]:
> > > This is something where I would really like to see our leader step in
> > > and get the communication straightened out, rather than voting, but I
> He's specifying a particular way of handling "this": one that the
> DPL does not appear to be pursuing.

I am pursuing it.  I posted the three items which are currently
stopping the amd64 port to be added to the archive, and I'm in active
contact with ftpmaster to move the new architecture and common
architecture proposals forward; I've also asked someone to find out
what the technical questions are and to get them posted.

I've also asked a member of the amd64 porting team today to clarify
what their thoughts are about an inclusion in sarge.  It's quite
interesting to note that there is no agreement at all among the amd64
porters whether the port should (in their opinion) be included in
sarge or not.
--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org