Re: General Resolution: Force AMD64 into Sarge

W liście z czw, 22-07-2004, godz. 14:28, martin f krafft pisze:
> also sprach Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> [2004.07.22.1647 +0200]:
> > very widely deployed architecture in the very near future, and (speaking
> > as a user here) Debian is doing a disservice to its users if it ignores
> > this fact and waits until sarge+1 to support it.
>
> ... only if we take 2.5 years for sarge+1 to release. If we release
> sarge+1 shortly thereafter, like after 4-6 months, it would solve
> all problems for all i can tell. And it's not like we cannot. We
> just have to get our act together.
>
> obviously though, we would have to make that commitment. I would not
> want to hear in 4-6 months that we are not ready.

I don't have the URL at hand but some people expressed exactly the same
hopes just before Woody release.  I wasn't around (yet) when when
potato was being released but I guess it might have been similarly.

Just my 0.03$ (CAD)

			Grzegorz B. Prokopski

--
Grzegorz B. Prokopski      <gadek@debian.org>