On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 12:37:09AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 01:51:18AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> > > Inaction, or ignoring,  certain issues may be how I see doing
> > >  my job best.
> >
> > In that case, you are simply wrong.
>
> gcc isn't able to compile everything vaguely resembling C code on this
> planet. Some people would consider it a feature to have that. Should you
> ignore that?

It should be relatively easy to explain why gcc shouldn't or doesn't have a
particular feature (i.e., nobody's gotten around to writing it yet, it
isn't technically sound, etc.)  Just ignoring someone is generally not the
best course of action.

Yes, if a request is sufficiently stupid, e.g. someone demanding that gcc
support BASIC, then they would probably be ignored.  But these types of
requests are by far the exception to the rule, if several years of reading
Debian lists is any indicator.

--Adam
--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>