Re: Status requests for GFDL talks

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 03:00:21AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Well, the necessity was recognized, Mako has answered our questions as
> well as he could.  That settles this particular issue for now, at
> least for me.

I agree.  I'm satisfied with the communication with fellow DD's that
Mako is now partaking.

> If you disagree with Mako's judgement, you should ask the DPL to
> remove him from his duty.

I think that is a bit rash.  I'm asking for communication, not a
justfication for actions.  I did not bring up any talk of questioning
his judgement, just the lack of communication (however little that might
be possible given the NDA).

> > Trust is tied closely to communication and transparency of action.
> Is it?  I don't think so.

So, we agree to disagree.  In a highly disparate community that relies
upon mediums such as email, IRC, and web pages, how else do you propose
to build a case for trust?

Again, if you disagree with the following statement, then we shall agree
to disagree:

  Communication as an essential component in the relationship between a
  representative and his or her community at large, regardless of the
  topic or focus of representation.

In other words,

<quote type=movie id="austin powers">Give me a bone, here...</quote>

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/