Re: The new Social Contract and releasing Sarge

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 01:29:08PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> "Jamin W. Collins" <jcollins@asgardsrealm.net> schrieb:
> >
> > Maybe we see things differently, but from my point of view, the
> > maintainers have known for quite a while that they did have to
> > change things.
>
> One option of changing things would be to convince the FSF that the
> current GFDL is not free, and to create a better version and aks
> upstreams to "upgrade" to that one.

And in the interrum the packages could have been modified to resolve the
violations in the current state of things and reverted when/if the
discussions with the FSF succeeded.

> In the FSF case, many people thought that waiting, moving flamewars to
> other issues, and letting our representatives talk to the FSF would be
> the best way of "working".

And we have a specific delegation to continue these talks.  In the
meantime, the packages could have been updated/corrected.

--
Jamin W. Collins