Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under construction

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 01:48:47PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> I find make-kpkg one of the best features in Debian - Yes, I know few

I used to think the same until I gave up kernel building :-)

>     If you need to compile a custom version of the kernel for your
>     system, we advise you to use kernel-package. Documentation for its
>     usage can be found in 'man make-kpkg'. In short, it will automate
>     the various stages of building and installing a kernel into a
>     Debian package. You will usually call it with 'make-kpkg
>     --append-to-version mymachine --revision 1.0 --config menu
>     kernel_image'

Hey, I'm not aiming for the Pulitzer award :-) Sorry, that's
way to long.  And make-kpkg is not used by admins on a daily
basis, I hope.  E.g. at work we use Herberts kernels.

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/