Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under construction

Quoting Frank Küster <frank@debian.org>:
> - mention that not only programs have manpages

Thanks, done.

> - missing whitespace before [--help

I know, but I don't know how to change that :-(

> - why not indent the second line of two-line commands?

I can try that, but I'm not sure how to do it.

> - update-/any/ often are not _configuration_ commands, many of these are
>   rather called after some manual/scripted/GUIed configuration change
>   has been done.

Maybe I will delete this point entirely.  It's not helpful
to newbies.

> - deborphan: What do you mean with "i.e. libraries"?

I changed that description.

> - /var/log: there are also user log files, e.g. ~/.xsession-errors
>   (which sometimes gets annoyingly big...)

Yes, but I don't know, whether it's enough to say "List the files
using "~/.[a-z]*", because there are lot of configuration files
and maybe some log files are in "~/.[a-z]*/...".  Too bad, that
GNU or UNIX doesn't have a ~/etc/ and ~/log/ convention.

> dlocate should be mentioned IMO.

dlocate is nice, but does it add value over dpkg -S or dpkg -L?

Cheers, WB