Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under construction

"W. Borgert" <debacle@debian.org> wrote:

> 1. Please look at the card and point out any errors.  Nothing is worse
>    for a beginner than false information.  {"To list your files type
>    rm -rf /", "Install Mandrake", ...)

- mention that not only programs have manpages

- missing whitespace before [--help

- why not indent the second line of two-line commands?

- update-/any/ often are not _configuration_ commands, many of these are
  rather called after some manual/scripted/GUIed configuration change
  has been done.

- deborphan: What do you mean with "i.e. libraries"?

- /var/log: there are also user log files, e.g. ~/.xsession-errors
  (which sometimes gets annoyingly big...)

> 2. There is still room for your favourite command/config file/whatever.
>    Tell me - I will add things, until the card is full.  Maybe I use one
>    complete page (1/6 of the card) for the debian-installer (and FAI).

dlocate should be mentioned IMO.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie