Re: [custom] Updated docs regarding meta package building

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:

>   I'll try to cach up with the documents and code that is beeing written
>   and see what I can do to help.
I have to admit that there isn't any code written yet ... :-(

>   In his explanations he said that the main problem is that Debian wants
>   a Debian tool to make its own LiveCDs but Metadistros wants to give
>   tools to let anyone create a distribution that can be used as LiveCD
>   and/or installed and be based in whatever linux distribution the user
>   wants.
While I completely accept their intention to be independant from a distribution
I see no reason to keep the Debian related part of meta distros inside Debian.

>   Anyway, he said that if they can cooperate in any way they will be
>   happy to do it.
Fine.

>   If anyone wants to read his original e-mail, it is archived here (in
>   spanish):
>
>     https://listas.hispalinux.es/pipermail/meta-distros/2004-March/003728.html
Uhmm, that's not very helpful.  Could anybody give them a hint to support an
international mailing list if they want to work together with the rest of
the world?

Kind regards

        Andreas.