Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> wrote:

> Op za 14-02-2004, om 10:44 schreef Mathieu Roy:
>> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
>> >
>> > The only people who have any say in how Debian acts is Debian members,
>> > and the people they as individuals listen to.
>>
>> http://www.debian.org/social_contract
>>
>>     Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software
>>
>>     We will be guided by the needs of our users and the free-software
>>     community. We will place their interests first in our priorities.
>>
>> How can you say you will place interest of people not having any say
>> in how Debian acts first in your priorities?
>
> "We will be *guided* by the needs of our users [...]" (emphasis mine,
> but you probably saw that already). That doesn't mean "we'll jump at
> their every whim", or even "we'll do whatever our users tell us to do".

Please, use quotes when it is appropriate -- when you are truly
quoting.

I said enough, you are not forced to forge quotations to describe what
I think.

> It means we'll listen to them,
[...]
> It does, but your interpretation of it doesn't.

Unfortunately, you share my interpretation.

I said that users should have a say: it means Debian will listen to
users.

Naturally, you missed that when you were creating quotations.

Apart from that, anybody have a say on how others acts, unless you
live under a dictatorship.

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |