On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 05:08:16AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 08:36:37AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > I think it is perfectly reasonable for them to make their case on
> > debian-devel.  What is it about setting out the complaint here that
> > offends you so much?
>
> The charter for debian-devel is technical discussion about Debian
> development. This isn't technical discussion, it's a demand that either
> a delegate reverse a decision, or the DPL remove them. That's off-topic,
> and utterly inappropriate from a non-developer; it would be on-topic for

You ad hominem attacks frankly do nothing to sway me, and I would hope
that others respond likewise.

The person making a statement has no bearing on the validity of said
statement.  Your continual attempts to defeat the statement by making
claims against the person are irrelevant and petty.

Let me say this to all the people reading this that are not official
Debian developers yet participate in Debian development:

I am one Debian developer that values your contributions and insight,
and I know that I am not alone.  AJ does not speak for everyone.

Let us judge arguments on their merits, not by the person.

And let us also judge people on their merits, not by the badge they
bear.

-- John